Job Application Process
Below please find the application process at German-American International School:
- Submitting Online Application
Submitting Online Application
All candidates submit their applications online (see Job Openings or Internship). The objective is for GAIS to identify those candidates who best meet the criteria within the candidate profile, and to recommend these “best matches” to the hiring committee to consider for possible interviews at the school.
- Personal Information
- Professional Experience
- Extra-Curricular Interests
- Professional Growth
- Questionnaire (10 lines max each question, 12pt)
- Transcripts and Degree
- Passport Photograph
- Screening your Application / Skype Interview
Screening your Application / Skype Interview
The hiring team is screening your application. Within one week you’ll be notified if you will be invited for a Skype interview with the concerned administrator. These primarily interview supports the hiring committee to get a sense of his or her personal and professional attributes and a sense of whether there is a good “fit.”
- Identify candidates
Identify candidates who best meet the criteria (short-listed candidates)
By this stage, the hiring committee will be dealing with a set of candidates who have all objectively demonstrated a good fit with the candidate profile. While the hiring committee will keep those objective criteria firmly in mind, they are now also evaluating candidates against those less objective but very important criteria of how well a candidate’s teaching capacities will match the student, faculty, and community climate, needs, and expectations.
- Select finalist candidates
Select finalist candidates for on-campus interview
When the hiring committee has decided to invite a candidate to the school for an interview, then there will be one final telephone or e-mail conversation to discuss the general contract provisions, including a salary range acceptable to the school. The school will confirm with the candidate that these general compensation limits would not present a barrier to the candidate accepting an appointment, if offered.
The objective is to meet with the current Managing Director, Principal and other key administrators. The school will reimburse the candidate for all expenses, which are accommodation and transportation.
- The final assessment procedure
The final assessment procedure encompasses the following:
- A formal interview with the hiring committee and personal committee
- Structured discussion or interview meetings with representative members of the community, such as students, parents and/or PTA committee, faculty and other staff.
- The candidate needs to prepare at least two demo lessons in a certain discipline given prior to final assessment
- Some “free time” on campus for the candidate to get to know the school and its students more informally.
- Opportunities for the candidate and spouse to see the city environment, living conditions, housing, etc., and opportunities to discuss these aspects with knowledgeable persons.
- Select, Offer and Appoint
Select, Offer and Appoint
The Managing Director and Hiring Committee decide on selection. The Managing Director makes an offer, conducts any final negotiations and concludes appointments. The other candidates will be informed.