General Payment Policy
Upon enrollment, parents accept financial responsibility for the full year’s tuition. The total due may be paid on a monthly, semi-annual or annual basis. Annual payments are due by September 1st and semi-annual payments are due by September 1st and February 1st.
Monthly payments over ten months can be made in two ways:
- The school recommends that you use ACH (Automated Clearing House) which is a direct bank transfer system. Using this method, payments are transferred on the 10th of each payment month. The office will assist you in setting this up with your bank.
- Payments can also be made by check or cash on the 1st of each month and will incur a $10 handling fee per payment. By special arrangement, the office will provide documentation to assist families who receive financial support for tuition from their employers. Families are, nevertheless, responsible for making all payments on time.
Discount is taken against the net tuition due after other discounts are considered. It does not apply to the enrollment fee.
- Returning family discount: 5% to all families in their 2nd or consecutive years in the program if enrolled by the established deadline.
- Siblings Discount: Tuition discount for second enrolled child is 10%. Tuition discount for third enrolled child is 20%.
- Discount for Pre-paid tuition: Full annual tuition paid by September 1st is discounted by 3%. Tuition paid semi-annually (September 1st and February 1st) is discounted by 2%.
A late-payment fee of $100.00 will be assessed for missed payments more than five days overdue; an additional service charge of 1.5% per month will apply for any account over thirty days past due. If an annual or semi-annual payment is 30 days late, the family will be automatically converted to monthly payments for the balance of the contract.
The school reserves the right to deny admission of the student to the facilities of the school, including classes, if payments due the school are not made by the due dates. Students whose accounts are in arrears will not participate in school projects, and progress reports and transcripts will not be released until payment is received.
The enrollment contract with the school is a binding agreement for the school year that it encompasses. The School Board of Directors will only release a family from this contract in the event of the family relocating more than 75 miles from their current residence.
In addition, children enrolled into the Preschool program for the first time that do not arrive at a suitable level of readiness to attend the program, as determined by the Preschool Director, within the first month of attendance will be released from their contractual obligations with the exclusion of the enrollment fee.
Applications for Enrollment
GAIS accepts applications throughout the year. Please see more detailed information on applications under Admissions to the Preschool and Admissions to the School.
Once an application has been accepted, please submit to the school office:
- Completed enrollment contract
- Payment of the annual fee
- One month’s tuition deposit
Annual fee: The yearly, non-refundable annual fee is $550 for each child. This fee includes a contribution to the School Building Fund, a contribution for the cost of instructional materials and school books used during the school year, insurance and administrative costs of the enrollment.
Students Enrolling during the School Year
There is no reduction in the annual tuition for students admitted during the first six weeks of the year; those entering thereafter are charged on a pro-rata basis from the day of entrance, in accordance with the number of days remaining in the academic year.
The annual fee will be paid in full for students enrolling during the fist semester and will be reduced by 50% for students enrolling in the second semester.
Financial assistance in the form of tuition reduction is available for students in Grades K-8 and is based solely upon financial need. Please download our application form ‘Financial Aid Application 2013-14‘.
The school highly recommends all parents to become active members of the school. The annual membership fee per family is $100.