The GAIS Carpooling Program strives to optimize car trips to school and our limited parking capacity while reducing the strain on traffic and the environment. To access our Carpool System please click here or on the picture at the bottom of this website!
What is a carpool?
A carpool is any arrangement that eliminates another car trip to school. It is NOT two or three children from the same family riding together.
Read some of our GAIS stories about carpooling. Click here.
Cars are not allowed to be parked anywhere on Elliott Drive. Please make also sure that you do not exceed the speed limit of 15 mph while driving on Elliott Drive.
Benefits to Kids
- Multi-Culture exposure
- Making new friends
- Reduced bullying
- Increased safety
Benefits to Parents
- Gives flexible mornings & lets them get to their meetings, conference calls, work etc.
- Saving on the cost of gas
- Less wear & tear of the vehicle
- Helps to increase social interaction and tightness in community
Benefits to School
- Less traffic and less accidents around the school
- Reduced parking problems
- Schools get to contribute towards cleaner environment
- Less pollution
How can you form a carpool?
- Forming a car pool at GAIS is very easy. Just click on the picture below, log in with your personal CarpoolAssist account to our password-protected GAIS section and look for carpool possibilities.
- How does it work? It’s simple! Click here for a quick introduction to the program.
- Even if you are not able to carpool on a regular basis we urge you to form intermittent carpools. Two examples of these are:
1) two families who ordinarily bike to school, but carpool together on rainy days.
2) A family that usually drives alone from far away, but picks up children who ordinarily walk to school if it is raining.